Dr. Toy® Celebrates the Best Picks Award Program’s 26th Anniversary!
2018 Best Picks Includes Best Toys, Gifts, and Educational Product Categories
San Francisco, CA – (November 23, 2018) – The Dr. Toy’s Best Picks Children’s Products Awards Report 2018 ® is now available to parents, teachers, and others in the online magazine, Dr. Toy’s Guide.
The Dr. Toy Best Picks Children’s Products Award Program® was developed by noted play and child development authority, Stevanne Auerbach, PhD, (a.k.a. Dr. Toy) as a service to consumers who desire to purchase safe, affordable, educationally oriented, stimulating new smart toys and play products for children. The Best Picks Award began in 1992 by Dr. Toy in cooperation with the national publication, Early Childhood News, to recognize outstanding educational play products that deserve consideration and use at home and in school.
“As a childhood development, play, toys and learning specialist,” says Dr. Toy, “I have seen the continuous, essential need for more year-round diverse resources for consumers to identify and choose the most appropriate, safe, and engaging learning and fun products for all children.”
Dr. Toy reports that since the innovative online magazine Dr. Toy’s Guide (the first website on toys on the Internet) has been available, “millions of visitors from around the world have easy access to our timely valued information.” The website was the first online resource on the world wide web to inform about and evaluate toys, games, and children’s products.
The report, “Dr. Toy’s Best Picks for 2018,” is being released to encourage parents and teachers to focus on the value of play as essential to the learning process.”
Dr. Auerbach adds, “Smart play products selected from many excellent companies across the U.S.A., Canada, and other countries, provide children with exciting new developmentally appropriate tools to help them do better in school, and also provide more constructive activities after school.” Dr. Toy believes “parents, grandparents and teachers need help to gain a head start locating new, diversified products that children will enjoy while increasing skills, enhancing instruction, and expanding imagination.” The products selected are balanced among large and small companies and range from low to high tech for “hours of active, creative, educational, and stimulating fun.”
“Children learn best through play,” says Dr. Auerbach, “and these toys, games and products encourage children to maximize their potentials. This is a good time to ‘take stock’ and do an inventory of what your child is using for play, what is not used, and what is needed next for continued development.” adds Dr. Toy.
Dr. Toy’s Guide offers excellent ideas for choosing new products for use in learning, after school play, and during the holidays ahead. Dr. Toy’s Best Picks were carefully chosen as worthy of attention from among hundreds that the Dr. Toy Team has reviewed at toy fairs, in catalogs, and through many other sources, and by using the extensive criteria Dr. Toy has developed over many years. Among the criteria used are: safety, age-appropriateness, design, durability, lasting play value, ecological, cultural and ethnic diversity, good transition from home to school, educational value, learning skills, creativity, improvement in the understanding of the community and the world, good value for price, and, naturally, fun.
For complete information about these smart toys and products read the 2018 full report at www.drtoy.com. Dr. Toy selects products that include toys, active products, audio/visuals-video tapes/CDs/DVDs, creative products, educational products, games, socially responsible products, CD-ROMs, high tech, culturally relevant products, and more. Winning products are manufactured by established and new, large and small companies from around the world, including: Animoodles, Aurora World, b.dazzle, Banana Panda, Bizybeez, Bobby Susser Music, Candygrams, Cooperative Games, D & L Co., E-Blox, Golden Bell Studios, Green Toys, Griddly Games, Hansa Creations, Heroes Will Rise, Itty Bitty City, Kangaroo Mfg., Kellytoy, Kitki, Laser Pegs, Looney Labs, Maple Landmark, Miao Kids, NSI Int’l, OWI, Piccoli Horses, ReadySetz, Rival 5 Game, Serabeena, Sharingland, SmartFelt Toys, SmartLab Toys, Square Panda, Teknikio, Think Tank Scholar, Tralala Limited, Turing Tumble, Two Tons Media, and Whistlefritz.
These products were selected for additional recognition for their added value:
- 10 Best Toys: Animoodles (Animoodles), Aurora World (Little Pitter Pattern-Pup Rattle & Swaddle), b.dazzle (Cupcakes Scramble Squares® Puzzle), Banana Panda (Match the Baby Puzzles), E-Blox (Circuit Blox 115 Project Set), Green Toys (Tide Pool Bath Set), Kangaroo Mfg. (Pop-Oh_Ver Stove Set), NSI Int’l (Fuzzy Wubble), ReadySetz (Space Base Playset), Sharingland (Cardboard Playhouse Sets).
- 10 Best Educational Products: CooperativeGames.com (Baby Beluga Game), Golden Bell Studios (Keys to Capitals Board Game), Griddly Games (Just Add Sugar), Kellytoy (Squishmallows), Looney Labs (Pyramid Arcade), NSI Int’l (Smithsonian Robo Spider), OWI (Dodeca 12-in-1 Solar Hydraulic Robot), SmartLab Toys (Tiny Science), Square Panda (Square Panda Home Ed.), Whistlefritz (French Collection).
- 10 Best Gifts: Bobby Susser Music (Green Light), D & L Company (Junior Glow Stomp Rocket), Hansa Creations USA (Giraffe Medium), Heroes Will Rise (Rigamajig Junior), Itty Bitty City (Magnetic Wooden Blocks, 30-Pc), Laser Pegs Ventures (Mars Rocket), Maple Landmark (Rainmaker Rattle), SmartFelt Toys (My Little House), Teknikio (Activating Origami), Turing Tumble (Turing Tumble).
The Dr. Toy’s Best Picks Award Report includes company customer service number, website URL, age range, price, full description of each product, and more. The award-winning, online magazine, Dr. Toy’s Guide, features full color photos of each product, links to companies to learn more, interviews with and articles by Dr. Toy, plus hundreds of currently available products including: 100 Best, Best Classic, Best Vacation, and Best Green products. Over 6,000 outstanding products have been selected, evaluated and bestowed with Dr. Toy’s Best Children’s Product Awards since 1992. Dr. Toy’s Best Picks (and the 10 Best Toys, 10 Best Educational Products, 10 Best Gifts) for 2018 are now available for play and learning at www.drtoy.com Interact with Dr. Toy on social media through Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Dr. Toy’s Guide lists resources on play, toys and parenting.
- Dr. Toy presents the newest products to parents and teachers around the world.
- Dr. Toy writes, speaks, and shares insights about the importance of toys, play, and learning.
- All evaluated toys are donated to children.
- Products and guidance information are available online.
- Dr. Auerbach is the author of the 4th Edition of Dr. Toy’s Smart Play/Smart Toys: How to Select and Use the Best Toys and Games (Regent Press), which provides useful tools to parents to enhance their child’s P.Q (Play Quotient). The book, published in China, Croatia, Egypt, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Israel, Korea, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, and the USA, will soon be available in other countries.
- Interviews with and about Dr. Toy have appeared in newspapers, magazines, and on radio and TV across the USA, and in Canada, and abroad in Dubai, Germany, Japan, Spain, and others.
About Dr. Toy: Dr. Auerbach, a long-time resident of San Francisco, originally from New York City, lived in Washington, D.C., while working as a teacher, and then for the Department of Education where she approved the first proposal for “Sesame Street,” evaluated Title One Programs, and established the first daycare center for children of federal employees. In San Francisco, she established the San Francisco International Toy Museum, the world’s first “hands-on” toy museum visited by over 50,000 children. The author of 16 books, including The Toy Chest, Toys for a Lifetime, The Whole Child, Choosing Child Care, Confronting the Child Care Crises and hundreds of interviews and articles on toys and play. She is the only PhD in Child Development evaluating toys and children’s products with extensive training, background, and over 50 years of experience evaluating, writing and speaking about toys and children’s products. Dr. Auerbach is trained in child development, education, child psychology, and special education. She is an educator, consultant, parent, and playful grandparent. Her book, Dr. Toy’s Smart Play/Smart Toys: How to Select and Use the Best Toys and Games (4th edition), published in 13 countries, may be obtained through Amazon and at other book/toy stores.
Dr. Toy® is a registered trademark of Dr. Toy LLC/Stevanne Auerbach, PhD.
© Stevanne Auerbach (2018). All rights reserved.